
Red Couch Picture!
Today was the traditional red couch picture for the girls. Everyone from the US who adopts a child from China has to come to Guangzhou to go to the US Consulate and obtain the visa for her entry into the US. The tradition is that all the children are dressed in customary Chinese outfits, and all sit on the red couch for a picture. Sydney is the cutest one (well, that's OUR opinion)...second from the right. :) We've also included pictures of Sydney and Lydia (thanks Wells family!). When we received our referral pictures back in January, we were amazed at how much Sydney and Lydia looked alike. While they don't look as much alike now, many of their personality traits are similar. It will be fun watching all the girls as they grow up, as we're hoping to keep in touch with the families.

Later in the afternoon we went to the Guangdong Museum of Folk Handicrafts. The building was built a few hundred years ago and originally was a private school. The details in the architecture of the building were incredibile. We then went to dinner with our tour group, then came back to the hotel for a birthday party for the girls! Our agency wanted to the girls to have a celebration together which was really nice.
We're learning more and more about Sydney every day. She's a great sleeper. She sleeps around 10 hours at night, and has been taking a nap in the morning and a nap in the afternoon. We've nicknamed her "Boom Boom", because she is asleep within a minute of her head hitting the bed (boom boom out go the lights!). If I didn't know better, I would say that because of her personality, she was Gary's biological daughter. She babbles constantly, no one has a clue what she's trying to say, and when she talks, she's very loud. Today she started fake coughing!!! At first I was worried because her nose was a little runny this morning so when the coughing started I was afraid she was coming down with something. Some of the girls in our group have had bronchitis, so I was hoping that wasn't the case. After she "coughed" a few times, she just got this huge smile on her face like she'd done something great! I don't know what made her do that, but she did her "performance" for our facilitators on the tour today so I knew I wasn't just dreaming this. She's also as quick to anger as she is with laughter. She hates getting her clothes changed, and she's not afraid to let you know! Hopefully we won't have to go through this fight forever!!! lol
No comments:
Post a Comment