
Happy Halloween!!
Well, Sydney's first Halloween was pretty tame. She doesn't like hats or hoods, but I figured it would be either cold or raining on Halloween, so we got her a costume with a hood. It had the name "Minnie" monogramed on the front, but it didn't really look like Minnie Mouse. It had a black tail in the back and the ears were black and floppy,
but it didn't look like a mouse. Officially, I'm not really sure what she was dressed as, but she was cute! Now I'll explain about the costume and why we ended up with this "unidentified" Minnie. As soon as costumes started showing up in the stores, we were on the lookout for one we liked. Almost immediately we found an adorable ladybug costume. For those of you not familiar, the ladybug is the good luck symbol in Chinese adoption, so we were really excited about it. Anyway, it was size 18 to 24 months so we were confident it would fit her, if not be a little big on her (she wears 12 month pants and 18 month tops). Of course, we didn't try it on her at the time. A couple of weeks ago I decided to try it on her, just to be sure, and of course, it was way too small!! It was actually closer to a 9 month size so we took it back and got this one. It wasn't a ladybug, but she was still adorable! :) She was laughing hysterically when we'd try to put the hood on her, so this second picture is her laughing...I was afraid it may look like she was crying.
I'm already thinking of making next years costume for her so maybe we'll shoot for the ladybug again! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment