Monday, January 30, 2006


We made another step forward today. We received our visas to travel to China! WOO HOO! All we need now is our Travel Approval from the people who handle adoptions in China. We're hoping to get that in the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately, the adoption unit in China is closed this week due to Chinese New Year, so we won't hear anything this week.

Yesterday, my sister-in-law Nancy had a baby shower for me. "WOW" is all I can say! We had it at the clubhouse in our subdivision and it was really nice. We were all ready to have lots of pictures, but Murphy's Law showed up (uninvited) and the batteries in the camera died after the first picture! There was a picture of Sydney on the cake and for the first time, I saw the actual invitations that were sent out. They were beautiful! Nancy did a fantastic job on everything and made it a memorable day. Thanks Nancy!! It was great that so many people were able to make it on such short notice. My cousins Pam and Lori were there and requested pictures of Sydney's bedroom to be posted here, so as soon as I get her room cleaned up, I'll post some pictures. :) Thanks to everyone who participated. It was a wonderful day that wouldn't have been possible without you there.

No comments: